Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Response to Fermin

So I saw this post from Fermin's blog and I thought it was very interesting. This blog post was about death, or fear of death. I chose this quote because I think many people can relate to this. In the following quote, Fermin is talking about how he is not feeling safe around Oakland.
 I'm not really scared to die. Sooner or later you will die and cant do anything about it. I live in East Oakland and to be honest, I sometime just don't feel safe walking through the streets. If I see a car that is going really fast and filled with guys wearing a common color, I say to my self, "these guys are gang members". If I see that, I just hope that i wont get shot and killed. But,  If that would ever to happen, it is what it is. 

I choose this quote because I can really relate to it. I also live in east Oakland, but not so deep in. I live in a place called Jingle Town. In Jingle Town the sort of gang colors are black and yellow. I also feel the same way Fermin does. Many times, strange cars pass around driving slowly with many guys in it. When I see this I just don't look at the car and mind my own business. When this happens, I feel some fear but at the same time I feel like nothing will happen.

I also am not scared of death. Well, I would not say I am not scared of death, I am just scared of the way I die. For example, I do not want to die from torture or something very painful. I would not mind to die from a gun in the head because that is better than feeling a lot of pain. So many people are afraid of death for some reason. I understand that you do not want to die young, but that does not mean you have to be scared of it. I am scared of growing up too fast and not enjoying life. I might sound like I am trying to brag or looking down on people who are scared, but I am just pointing it out, which is not so good either.

No comments:

Post a Comment