Thursday, December 16, 2010

LCD #3 The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

So I just finished reading this book and I can say many things about it. First of all, at first I was not really interested in it, but reading a few pages, I was hooked. This book has a writing style that is very unique that hooks you immediately. It was really well written from characters, to the plot, to the conflicts. The main conflict was throughout the whole book. I am happy to say that I feel like I read a book about an autistic kid that overcomes many things and grows to be more matures. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a short engaging book.

Today's discussion was at it's best from the past weeks. We had many more options to talk about in the book since we read the whole book. We talked about a few things. We talked about things we did not really understand. We also discussed about Christopher being with his mother and father. Also since Christopher has had many encounters with the police, we talked about the police. We talked about how police compare and contrast from different countries, cities, regions, years and etc.

One point that was brought up many times in all the the discussions was the comparison with this book and Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. If may not know, this book was also great. I recommend Of Mice and Men also. Anyways, some group mates were bringing up this point. They said that two of the main characters are very similar, Lennie and Christopher. Both characters have a certain illness were they act like a kid or do not understand things very well. Some keys things is that they both like dogs. During both book, they get to interact or have a dog, and they both love their dogs.

This discussion was a great one, too bad it is the last one for this book. Last comment of book, buy it, borrow it, anything; just read it. This will be the last post for this book, bye bye book. I am looking forward to another discussion about other books or anything else. Since this might be one of the last posts of the year, I would like to leave with a Happy Christmas and Happy New Years everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment