Saturday, December 4, 2010

LCD #1 The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

To say the truth and not take much credit from the discussion, I did not really participate in this discussion. I have certain reasons for this but I am not here to talk about that. Anyways, the book I am reading is The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. So far, this book is really interesting and engaging.  To summarize just a little without giving spoilers, this is how it goes. A neighbor's dog is on lawn dead with a fork stabbed in it. So the main character decides to investigate for its killer. This book had some subjects on to discuss.

During the discussion, we talked about most if not all the character so far into the book. We talked about the main character, and just a few characters that popped out no where. Some characters that we talked about were Christopher (the kid), his dad, Mrs. Shears, Mrs. Alexander (old lady), and some neighbors. We analyzed their actions and tried to describe their personalities from them. Another thing we discussed about what this book reminded us. As Troy stated that this book is like Of Mice and Men. He said this because of the characters in the book. He said that Christopher and Siohbah reminded him of George and Lennie. In my head i agreed with this because it really was like Of Mice and Men. We also predicted about what was going to happen next. This brought some different thoughts from different characters to events. One example of the predictions was a suspected killer. We agreed and disagreed, but I think we all might know who it was.

This discussion brought me to some hypotheses and some questions. One hypothesis is the killer of the dog. I can not tell tell because it is sort of of a spoiler if I were to say. What brought me to this hypothesis were the different perspectives of suspects from my peers or group. One question that came through my mind after this discussion was. Overall, I believe this discussion was pretty good or semi-successful, but the book is too awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment