Friday, October 29, 2010

Reflective Essay

10/29/10
Reflective Essay

Using blogger has been a blast. We have had freedom about writing about any topic, and who to respond to. Writing about any topic helps people, or me in particular, open up if they want to. So far I have not opened up, but later in the year I will. Throughout blogger, I wrote music analysis, response posts, and some controversial topics. The posts were helpful to me to recognize what there are many things to write about. I also learned about news from others post which took me by surprise. I believe that making posts in blogger is a great way to improve on writing. If it is either developing a new process of writing, or a new way to correct your writing. Finally, one big reason I liked blogger was because we did not actually have to pick up a pencil and write, instead we could type at our own pace, kudos to that. For the rest of the years, I will enjoy posting u blogs for people and myself to enjoy and see.

Improvement of writing came from topics of posts and response posts.

One of my blog post that got some recognition was my Graffiti post. I believe that this post got some recognition because the topic is about something modern and urban. A reason that I wrote about this topic is because many people look down at graffiti as a really bad thing, which in my opinion is not. In this blog post, I wrote about how graffiti is not a bad thing. This topic is very controversial, so I decided to write about it. This topic is controversial because many people have different perspective or thoughts of graffiti. I enjoyed writing about this because I myself like to do graffiti so I can relate to the topic, and may know more about it than some people (not all people). This is the first paragraph from my graffiti post,
Some people might say that urban art or “graffiti” is bad for the community and for people... Urban art is not necessarily destruction of property... Most of the property being painted is not even being used. I agree that urban art should not be done on important places such as religious places, cemeteries, and so on... Some rules are like: no tagging on churches or places of worship; no tagging cars or houses; no going over someone who is a lot better than you unless its beef; do not tag your personal property; no tagging over murals or memorials; and do not tag on schools.

Since I am a music fanatic, I decided to make song analysis blog posts. One reason I made music analysis posts is to get deep into a song with and think about them. Another reason I made these post is because most songs nowadays have ridiculous lyrics, and if you were to actually analyze them they would sound really different. Music analysis helps me think about urban songs that have actual good or real lyrics that make sense. For example, one song with no meaning of lyrics is Tik Tok by Kesha, not to go on her in a mean way. An example of a song with great lyrics is He Say She Say by Lupe Fiasco. One of my favorite music analysis post is Time. This was my favorite music post because this is one of my favorite songs, and it talks about a under-thought of time. Here is a following quote from my post,
This song is very symbolic. Some part of the verse that I found was symbolic was when it said," Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain." I found this symbolic to like how many people are staying home to watch T.V or play video games and so on and so forth, instead of being outside with friends. The rain is symbolic for how boring it is and the sunshine is for fun. One thing that I could relate to in this song was when it said,"Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town Waiting for someone or something to show you the way." I can relate to this because sometimes when  I wait for something or someone it never comes, which is a waste of time.

Writing response posts was very helpful. This was very helpful because we got to see others perspectives on different topics. Responding to their ideas helped to build a sort of friendship because the people responding are either agreeing or disagreeing with them, which is a sort of respect. Also, you get to show the person’s post your perspective which helps them open their eyes to new views of something. When someone responded to my post and disagreed with it, I took their ideas into consideration, for me I looked at it as feedback. This feedback helped me somewhat to think about other topics or re establish the following post. Overall, response post are very helpful that helps me and other people.

Even though blogger has been helping me improve, I still need to get better at these following things. My first goal is to improve my punctuation. I would need to work on using commas and semicolons because I use commas very often. This would make my writing better because others would be able to read it correctly, not get the wrong idea out of it. My next goal is to use different words instead of the same ones, use diction. I need to use this because it would make my writing more interesting or make it sound more intelligent. My last goal is to write about different topics. I usually stick with same topics, which is not so bad but I would like to change up my topics to have a variety of different topics. All of these goals would make my writing more interesting. blogger is one of the best ways of doing writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment