Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dance Dance

Many people like to dance, and some do not. Some dance just at parties and for fun. Other people practice certain types of dances.

There are many types of dances. There is C-Walking, Turfing, Popping, Breakdancing (B-boying), Giggin, Locking, Bone Breaking, Jerking, and so on. There are so many styles and types of dances out there, but these are the main ones that I hear about. Many people, and I mean many people do these dances. At times, these dances are considered "dead" or that they are "dying out". This means that it is like out of style or old. Most of these dances come with a certain slang or "uniform" (style of clothes). What all of these dances can agree with is the ultimate way of dancing, "killing the beat". This means like dancing with the beat or doing moves with the music.

At times I think that there are too many people doing a certain type of dance. Some just do it because their friends do it, or because it is popular. But if they like to dance it, go ahead and do it. One dance that has been popular in Oakland or the Bay Area is turfing. I personally like this dance. I like this one because it like incorporates Popping, Locking, Giggin, Bone Breaking, and moves from B-boying. This makes the dance more different or similar by the way you see it. It makes it different by being able to do many different moves instead of the same ones. It makes it similar because it comes from old types of dances and combines them. One dance that amuses me and almost every person is Breakdancing (B-boying). Some people consider this not a dance, but it is. This type of dance has many styles within the dance. Many people are amused from this dance because it involves somewhat acrobatic moves.

I like most types of dances, but others do not catch my attention. One type of dance that I never really got into was Jerking. Now before you get mad, I am not hating on Jerking. Since no one around me where I live "Jerked", I never got into it.  Jerking to me is all the same moves or tricks. I understand sometimes you can or have to do the same moves, but Jerking is all about continuously doing the same moves. What I did not like about the Jerking movement was that most people thought that they brought back skinny jeans and bright color. No, skinny jeans were being worn before the jerking movement, in particular skaters were wearing skinny jeans. From what I know of is that everyone once in a while likes to wear bright colors, so how could the Jerking movement have brought that back when it was still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment