Monday, September 20, 2010

Response to Nawara's post

Here is a qoute that i can relate to from Nawara's blog,
When I think about school, I imagine homework, quizzes, breaks, gossip, etc. When I came to Alameda Science and Technology Institute, I learned that I was in a smaller environment and in an area that is full time work, work, work. When it was my first day of school, all I was thinking about was college. I felt like I was not in a high school where they have rallies, dances, and football games. I was in a community where we succeed in higher educational standards. As a freshman, I was scared. I felt like I was not going to succeed even though I was accepted, I did not feel like I was ready. While the year went on, I became to fully understand the requirements and expectations to succeed as an ASTI student. I felt more relaxed. As a result, teachers should console the students about future classes so they can arrange themselves to be successful.
I can really relate to this quote on the freshmen year. The first two weeks of high school were hard. The first days were about expectations from ASTI and the rules of ASTI. The hardest part of high school is it is very different from middle school, different teaching styles and more work. For example, my Modern World History class is very different from my History class from last year. High school also gives a lot of work. Compared to middle school it is a lot. Last year I only took about 1 hour for all my homework, and now I take about 3 hours or more to finish homework. It is hard to adapt to ASTI's ways, but I have to at least try.

My first month in ASTI has been pretty good. Like I said before, the first two weeks of school were for adapting. I am still trying to adapt, but after two weeks, I think that I have adapted a little. The work is a lot but I can keep up with it. One think about having a lot of homework, is that I am really busy on weekends which is why I do not turn in quality work that is assigned on weekends. Overall, ASTI is a good school with high expectations which iI will meet later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment