Thursday, September 23, 2010

If I Ruled The World

Today I remembered about a song that made me think about it a while back ago. The song is "If I Ruled The World" by Nas. This made me think about how everyone would have different rules or laws if they ruled the world. I think that this is an important subject because it is interesting to hear what others think, and to debate on what laws or rules they picked. For example, Nas stated in his first verse, 
Imagine smoking weed in the streets without cops harassing 
Imagine going to court with no trial
Lifestyle cruising blue behind my waters
No welfare supporters more conscious of the way we raise our daughters
Days are shorter, nights are colder
Feeling like life is over, these snakes strike like a cobra
The world's hot my son got knocked evidentaly
It's elementary, they want us all gone eventually
Trooping out of state for a plate knowledge
of coke was cooked without the garbage we'd all have the top dollars
Imagine everybody flashing, fashion
Designer clothes, lacing your click up with diamond vogues
Your people holding dough, no parole
No rubbers, go in raw imagine law with no undercovers
Just some thoughts for the mind
I take a glimpse into time 
watch the blimp read "The World Is Mine"
This verse made think about many things. The main point in this verse is that Nas is stating how life would be different if he ruled the world. He wants others to visualize how life would be. In the first line he indicates that he would legalize marijuana so the police would not even bother to control that. I sort of agree with this because he brings up some good points. Like when he said,"It's elementary, they want us all gone eventually." This made me think about how some people do not want others here because of how they are. If it is either skin color, religion, personality, personal preferences.


If I ruled the world, I would make many different laws. One law that I would add is that graffiti is allowed, but not on private property that is being used. I am unsure about many other rules but I am sure about the graffiti. I know it is almost impossible to stop racism or violence, but if I could take that of others minds I would. I would also make sure that everyone has an equal chance of qualifying for something but I do not know how i would do that. This song is awesome, if you read this post you should check that song out.

No comments:

Post a Comment