Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bullies

                  In my experience, I have bullied people a few times. A few friends and me always bullied kids younger than us, or people we didn't like. I never really did the dirty work; I would just be in the group. I felt so bad for the people who were getting bullied because we treated them like they were less important than us, but at the same time I was happy and relieved that I wasn’t the person being bullied. I had two options, either get out of that group and have the risk of being bullied or stay and keep bullying people. I chose to get out, and they respectably accepted my decision. From then, I haven’t bullied a person. I have two theories of why bullies are bullies. The first one is that bullies want to feel superior from all other people. I think this because bullies like to feel that they are on top or better than everyone. My second theory is that the bullies might have gone through hard times at home, or has personal problems. I believe this because the bullies might want to take out their anger on others, or they don’t want to let others see their insecurity. Bullies want to hurt their peers because they want to feel superior or don’t want others to see their insecurity. Bullies can change; all it takes is determination to change and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment